How to get MMS on Alltel HTC 6800
Enabling MMS on the Alltel HTC 6800: The following tutorial explains how to get MMS to work on an Alltel PPC HTC 6800. This tutorial should work for enabling MMS on the HTC 6700 and possibly other HTC Pocket PC’s as well. By default from the factory, the HTC PPC 6800 (like many Pocket PC’s) does not include MMS software and your stuck text messaging via SMS. If you want to send picture or video in your text messages via your HTC to another phone, you must have MMS functionality. Luckily there is a MMS driver available to accomplish this.
Enabling MMS on an Alltel HTC phone:
The following will allow you to send and receive pictures or videos via MMS text messaging services.
- First, you need to login to your Alltel account and make sure that you have picture messaging enabled. In my case, the alternate option was simple text messaging, so it was enabled by default in the (unlimited messaging) smartphone plan
- Next, Download the following .CAB file and copy it to your phone (not memory card) using activesync
- Click the .CAB file from your phone to perform the install
- After the installation has finished, soft reset (reboot) your phone
- Once up and running again, navigate to Start -> Messaging and select the account Pics/Video, then follow the onscreen instructions to send a picture or video text message
For troubleshooting and to support the author, visit the authors forum post HERE
Rate this Pocket PC Freeware
Note: All PPC Software listed on this site has been tested to work using my personal "HTC PPC 6800" Phone prior to posting. Listed software may or may not work on Smartphones as well. Support should be obtained directly from the author of the software.